Announcement



Many of the transcriptions found here are now in published form. They have been published by the Orange County Genealogical Society (in Goshen, New York). Volume 3 includes my Volume 3 and Volume 5. Volume 4 includes my four parts of New Milford history. There is a planned Volume 5, which will include my Volumes 6, 7, and 8, Part 1, which is about 250 transcriptions. They can be purchase through the Genealogical Society. Just Google them and print out the order form. Or they can be purchased from the Warwick Historical Society. They are also on sale at the gift shop at Baird's Tavern. I would like to thank the Genealogical Society and Dan Burrows for their efforts. Started a new blog for images of Warwick. Go to: www.imagesofwarwicknewyork.blogspot.com.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Much Work Published

I have been researching, writing articles, and doing many transcriptions from Warwick's two local papers for a number of years. Of course, at first, it was just a few, but as time went on it become many. At this point, I thought it might be a good idea to put this material in a more permanent form. I called Dan Burrows, a member of the Orange County Genealogical Society, who was instrumental in publishing the Warwick Historical Papers, Volumes 1 & 2. He was interested in the project and spent his time and talents on reformatting my work into a form that could be published economically. He managed to do this and the Gen. Society underwrote the publishing costs. I thank Dan Burrows and the Gen. Society for their efforts. They are truly interested in local history.

Dan took my Volume 3 and my Volume 5 and combined it into Warwick Historical Papers, Volume 3. He then took my Volume 4, Parts 1 - 4, and made it Volume 4. Volume 4 is quite concerned with the the hamlet of New Milford, which is where I was raised.

Both Volume 3 and Volume 4 are now published and are available from: The Orange County Genealogical Society, 101 Main Street, Goshen, NY 10924.

No comments:

Post a Comment