Announcement



Many of the transcriptions found here are now in published form. They have been published by the Orange County Genealogical Society (in Goshen, New York). Volume 3 includes my Volume 3 and Volume 5. Volume 4 includes my four parts of New Milford history. There is a planned Volume 5, which will include my Volumes 6, 7, and 8, Part 1, which is about 250 transcriptions. They can be purchase through the Genealogical Society. Just Google them and print out the order form. Or they can be purchased from the Warwick Historical Society. They are also on sale at the gift shop at Baird's Tavern. I would like to thank the Genealogical Society and Dan Burrows for their efforts. Started a new blog for images of Warwick. Go to: www.imagesofwarwicknewyork.blogspot.com.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

New Milford:

New Milford is a small hamlet within Warwick Township. I grew up there in the late '40's, 50's, and early 60's. I attended school there (Grades 1 thru 4, one room, one teacher). New Milford is situated in the southern part of Warwick Township and part of it borders the State line between New York and New Jersey. As mentioned in the Introduction, I have been adding to Warwick's local history by expanding the existing Warwick Historical Papers, Volumes 1 and 2. Let me start with WHP, Voume 4, in four parts. This material can be found at the Albert Wisner Memorial Library at Warwick, New York. Some of it is online at the library's website. If you need further help, feel free to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment