Announcement



Many of the transcriptions found here are now in published form. They have been published by the Orange County Genealogical Society (in Goshen, New York). Volume 3 includes my Volume 3 and Volume 5. Volume 4 includes my four parts of New Milford history. There is a planned Volume 5, which will include my Volumes 6, 7, and 8, Part 1, which is about 250 transcriptions. They can be purchase through the Genealogical Society. Just Google them and print out the order form. Or they can be purchased from the Warwick Historical Society. They are also on sale at the gift shop at Baird's Tavern. I would like to thank the Genealogical Society and Dan Burrows for their efforts. Started a new blog for images of Warwick. Go to: www.imagesofwarwicknewyork.blogspot.com.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

New Postcard



This is a postcard of the Stanabach store on Ryerson Road in New Milford. I had seen this card before, but didn't persoanally own it . I do now; came in the mail today. It is unused with a divided back (1907 - 1914). The 1900 fire destroyed the orignal store and Jacob Stanabach rebuilt in 1903. Don't know why it was looking like this at the time.

I love old postcards when it comes to local history. They manage to capture images of days gone by. Family pictures can do the same, but for some reason these are hard to come by. I think many people think that their old photos are of interest to family members only and that no one else would be interested. My opinion is that if you lived in Warwick and were part of the Warwick communtiy, your old photos are part of Warwick's local history. This means old photos of ancestors from Warwick even if you don't know where Warwick is. Please dig them out and share them. Please let me know what you have and I will do my best to help you share them with the rest of us. Email me at: thann@comcast.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment