Announcement



Many of the transcriptions found here are now in published form. They have been published by the Orange County Genealogical Society (in Goshen, New York). Volume 3 includes my Volume 3 and Volume 5. Volume 4 includes my four parts of New Milford history. There is a planned Volume 5, which will include my Volumes 6, 7, and 8, Part 1, which is about 250 transcriptions. They can be purchase through the Genealogical Society. Just Google them and print out the order form. Or they can be purchased from the Warwick Historical Society. They are also on sale at the gift shop at Baird's Tavern. I would like to thank the Genealogical Society and Dan Burrows for their efforts. Started a new blog for images of Warwick. Go to: www.imagesofwarwicknewyork.blogspot.com.

Friday, June 19, 2009

The Schilling Farm in Florida




Top photo is from Wheeler of Goshen, N.Y. When I showed this photo to my aunts, they came up with Aunt Minn & Uncle Ott. However, this guy looks like the guy in the other photo, so they could have been mistaken.

Bottom photo is from Wheeler of Goshen, New York. For me this all started with family genealogy and then went from there. I think this is photo of Carl Krause and his three sons, Daniel, Charles and Freddie. Carl Krause was born in Germany November 20, 1848 and died on February 14,1922. He is buried in the Florida cemetery. His first wife was Caroline Mowitz (Movitz). Their children were: Daniel, Augusta, Minnie Julia, Lena, Charles, Anna and Freddie. My grandmother, Lena Krause, married Curtis Schiling. I did not know my mother's parents, since both of them died before I was born. The Schilling Farm is on Route 94, going toward Florida, Once you pass Ackerman Road, it is on the right. It is now a horse boarding business. This is an old house and it is being researched.

No comments:

Post a Comment